Company:New York Power Authority
Post: Project Engineer
Qualification: Degree In Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Or Equivalent
Location: Marcy, NY 13403
Salary: $93,660 – $114,480 a year
Selection Process: Interview Dates And Venue Will Be Shared With The Shortlist Candidates Separately
- Represent NYPA at customer meetings, design meetings, contractor walk through, and presentations to customers.
- Prepare engineering calculations, estimates, and cost analyses for feasibility/audit reports.
- Manage and implement multiple lighting, HVAC, controls, wastewater treatment, and building envelope energy conservation projects and new project development concurrently.
- Project responsibility can range from 15-20 projects depending on scope. Projects are generally larger and more complex in nature and require moderate oversight by Management on project developments.
- Develop customer installation commitment documents including cost recovery agreements requiring the development of economic analyses and engineering specifications.
- Coordinate projects across multiple engineering disciplines. Track and prepare status reports for all assigned projects.
- Evaluate project scope, review feasibility reports, make presentations and recommendations, develop design documents and specifications, evaluate bid results, and make recommendations for contract award.
- Develop and verify engineering, labor and material bid specifications provided by staff and implementation contractors.
- Ensure that all design, code, licensing and operating and maintenance requirements are met.
- Review project activities for technical content, accuracy, cost control and schedule.
- Solve problems related to customer bill savings, design and construction issues. Support the Senior/Lead Project Engineer and other senior engineers in negotiating change orders to construction and services contracts.
- Develop and verify all financial and billing documentation relating to savings calculations supporting the cost-effective direct install projects.
- Ensure that all financial resources expended by NYPA are fully recovered from each program participant. Evaluate all change order claims and payment invoices, while working as a team member with other engineers inside and outside of NYPA to develop the most cost-effective project designs.
- Coordinate activities between contractors / consultants / equipment vendors / customers to provide project construction quality assurance in adherence to project specifications and compliance to state and local codes.
- Comply and enforce the compliance of hazardous material handling, safety and environmental procedures.
- Keep abreast of the latest technological developments, products and revisions to the NYPA project input parameters (electric Production and Delivery rates, Interest During Construction (IDC), financing term, discount rate, Gross Receipt Taxes (GRT), Contracts, Environmental and Bond Counsel).
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of building mechanical/electrical systems and related codes is required. Strong knowledge of water/wastewater treatment systems is preferred.
- Technical knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Strong background and experience interacting and liaising with engineering consultants and labor contractors.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to plan, execute and complete multiple projects from start to finish on time and within budget with minimal direction and support from supervisors.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to organize information and effectively present ideas to the intended audience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze existing conditions in a facility, and address issues related to contracts, equipment design and operation.
- Ability to analyze and address environmental concerns as they relate to customer requirements and, with the guidance of more senior engineers, develop cost effective engineering solutions to non-routine problems. Ability to exercise good judgment and influence others, while working effectively with consultants, contractors, and equipment suppliers. Ability to proactively recognize problems that arise during analysis procedures or in analysis results.
- Ability to further develop technical knowledge in utility service rate analyses (gas & electric), energy analysis, life cycle cost analysis, NYPA contracts, project financing strategies, and energy systems and controls is required.
- Working knowledge of SAP, Oracle Primavera, and Microsoft Teams is preferred.
- Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of project management experience.
- Professional certifications such as Project Management Professional Certification (PMPC) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM), or an advanced degree in an engineering, scientific or business discipline preferred.
- Qualifications to sit for Part I of the PE exam preferred.
- Physical Requirements
- Approximately 35% travel primarily within NY State.
- Ability to access all areas of the site and conduct physical evaluations of grounds and equipment including ability to climb and work at high elevations, walk a significant distance, sometimes on uneven ground, and occasional minor lifting.
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours (including weekends) when project demands.
- Military Occupational Specialty Codes
- MOS – Army: 12A, 12B, 12P, 18C, 24A, 24Z, 51S
- MOS – Marines: 1120, 1302, 1310, 8824, 8831, 8832, 9622, 9624, 9630, 9631, 9632, 9636
- MOS – Navy: EA, MME, UT, 2166, 2167, 2170, 2180, 2181, 2740, 4210, 4270, 4280, 5761, 5904, 5913, 5917, 5925, 5927, 5960, 5961, 5970, 5980, 7273
Permanent, Full Time
Interested Candidates Direct Apply Official Website:Apply Now