Company:GE Gas Power
Qualification:PhD/ Degree In Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
Salary: Depends On Interview
Selection Process: Interview Dates And Venue Will Be Shared With The Shortlist Candidates Separately
- Applying Combustion/Gas turbine fundamentals, Conceptual or theoretical activities, design, develop & Optimize Gas turbine Combustion system with low emissions and wide operation window.
- Conduct predictive combustion dynamics, emissions, thermal heat transfer and combustion performance modeling using 1D and 3D tools including flow network, CFD, and proprietary tools.
- Apply combustion CFD (steady & unsteady) knowledge to mesh prototype combustion geometry, run CFD, interpret and present results of the CFD to the team; perform design iterations based on the results of the CFD.
- Design combustion systems in collaboration with team to meet program goals related to combustion system and overall gas turbine product requirements.
- Support combustion laboratory & engine tests to validate prediction results.
- Perform pre and post combustion laboratory / engine test data analysis to find valuable insights which can be used to draw key conclusions. Suggest and execute ideas to improve the combustion system design.
- Demonstrate mindset of ownership and accountability to achieve goals.
- Take an active role in the continuous improvement of processes and data analysis techniques.
- Work effectively within cross-functional – Mechanical, Controls, Accessories, and product service team for project execution.
- Ensure timely completion of all project objectives and other yearly team priorities.
- Communicate results, findings, and observations in clear and concise documents (presentations, reports, memos, technical articles) consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- PhD, Master/Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering with a focus on Combustion, Heat transfer & Aerodynamics.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in the field of Gas Turbine or Combustion Aero thermal design/analysis/testing/modelling.
- Basic understanding of fluid mechanics, aero, Combustion & heat transfer
- Strong understanding of Combustion, emissions and Gas turbine technology
- Advanced research in the area of Combustion modeling practice or Fluid dynamics modeling
- Experience with CFD Application for Combustion predictive analysis – Thermal, dynamics and emission with commercial CFD packages.
- Strong understanding and experience in working with commercial CFD codes, preferably Ansys Fluent.
- Demonstrated ability of meshing complicated geometry using commercial meshing packages like Ansys Workbench & Fluent mesher.
- Demonstrated ability to use advanced Combustion dynamics and CFD models (1D-3D) to understand combustor behavior
- Unigraphics (NX) or SPACECLAIM CAD experience
- Strong interpersonal, leadership skills and ability to work well in a team environment with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Self-starter and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Understanding of python programing and data analytics technique is desired.
- Laboratory OR field-test experience are an added advantage.
- Understanding of GE Power product line and its Combustion system.
Permanent, Full Time
Interested Candidates Direct Apply Official Website:Apply Now